Qualifying Round ONLINE
To participate in the ONLINE QUALIFYING ROUND, the candidate must send his / her own VIDEO containing 1 piece of sacred music of his choice (in MP4 format) or YouTube link by 5 February 2020. The trasmission can be done copying the generated WeTransfer link or youTube link in the related frame at https://www.concorsomusicasacra.com/registration/?ln=en.
The evaluation will be carried out by the Jury composed of the Artistic Director of the Sacred Music International Competition and by the Managers of each Partner of Let’s Sing Oratorio Music. The singers who have received the favourable vote of the majority of the Jury will be admitted to the Semi-final in Rome.
By 15 February 2020, the Competition secretariat will communicate the names of the candidates who have passed the Qualifying round by sending emails to each of them. The list of admitted candidates will be published on the sites www.sacredmusicinternationalcompetition.org and www.concorsomusicasacra.com.
By 28 February , those admitted to the Semi-final of the Competition must complete the registration by sending the second part of participation fee due and any changes to the definitive list of the pieces they will present in Rome, under penalty of exclusion from the Competition.
Qualifying Round LIVE in Rome
Candidates must present 1 piece of sacred music of their choice. Candidates who will receive the majority of the Jury's favorable votes will be admitted to the Semi-final.
Semi-final of the Competition
9. The competitors promoted to the Semi-final will sing 2 arie from the Oratory The Creation and 1 aria of sacred music from those not presented on video. They will be informed of this choice by the Piano Repetiteur during the musical rehearsals.
10. The semi-final dedicated to the competitors directly admitted will provide for the execution of max. 3 arias: the first one of their choice, the other two sections chosen by the Jury and communicated to the singers by the Master Collaborator during the musical rehearsals.
11. At the end of the two Semi-final sessions, the Jury - always with a majority voting system - will communicate the list of finalists and will deliver by email the Diplomas of Participation with the Semifinalist specification.
Final in the form of a Gala Concert
12. For the final session, in the form of a Gala Concert, which will take place on March 28th at 8.30 pm, at the Basilica SS. XII Apostoli (SS. Apostoli Square, Rome), the finalists will have to sing a maximum of 2 arias chosen by the Jury with unquestionable decision among all 5 pieces presented. At the end of the Final, The Jury will vote immediately after the end of the Competition and at the end the winners of the 2020 Sacred Music International Competition will be announced. The Jury may decide more than one winner for each vocal register/role.
13. Any competitor who cannot be present for any reason at the Final - Gala concert will be immediately disqualified from the Competition. The finalists will rehearse their arias according to the decision of the Organizers, at the time and in the place that they indicate and the Final rehearsal is compulsory. For every round the candidates will have the right to a rehearsal with the piano Repetiteurs that will take place as scheduled and shown on the website.