1. Accademia Musicale Europea of Rome establishes the 2020 Sacred Music International Competition reserved for lyric singers of all nationalities who - at the date of the start of the competition - have not turned 36 years old. The 2020 Sacred Music International Competition is an integral part of the "Let's Sing Oratorio Music!" cultural project dedicated to spreading the musical genre of the Oratory among European children and kids, winner of the Creative Europe Call and and co-funded by the Creative Europe program of European Union.
2. The 2020 International Sacred Music Competition will take place in the live stages in Rome from 1 to 4 September 2020 with the possibility of carrying out the elimination phase with an online procedure by sending a video as specified in Article 8 WITHIN May 20, 2020. The Competition is open to the public in all its LIVE phases and will be broadcast in Streaming TV during the Qualifyng Round and Semi-final broadcasted by Maria TV and visible on their and our website, recorded and broadcast worldwide by TELEPACE for the Final-Gala Concert. A synthesis of the Final- Gala Concert will be broadcasted worldwid by Radio Vaticana3. The 2020 edition is dedicated to the selection of a DOUBLE CAST for the main roles for the production of shows based on Haydn's The Creation Oratory for Europe Creative project "Let's Sing Oratorio Music!", SO ONLY FOR 2020 edition the voice register admitted will be SOPRANO, TENOR, BARITONE, BASS-BARITONE and BASS. The shows will take place in the Czech Republic, Italy, Greece and Romania in the period April/December 2020. The scheduled dates are published on the sites www.sacredmusicinternationalcompetition.org, www.letssing.ue and www.concorsomusicasacra.com.
The 2020 Sacred Music International Competition will decide the assignment of the following main roles:Gabriel – Eve (Soprano)
Raphael – Adam (Baritone, Bass-Baritone or Bass)
The concerts/shows will be realized for the Europe Creative project Let’s Sing Oratorio Music! by the Partner's project:
in Karditsa (Greece) organized by Panhellenic Federation of Choirs and Choir Directors
in Bacau (Romania) organized by the Philharmonic "Mihai Jora"
in Lazio Region, and possibly in other cities of Italy organized by Accademia Musicale Europea
in Opava (Czech Rep.) at the Slezske Dvadlo Opava Theater organized by Slezske Dvadlo Opava
4. The Competition will be divided into three rounds: Qualifying round, Semi-final and Final in the form of a Gala Concert. The winners and the winners and eventually the finalists chosen for the roles - to be eligible for the prize - are required to participate in the shows and workshops of "Let's Sing Oratorio Music!", an integral part of the prizes to be held in Greece, Italy, the Czech Republic, and Romania in the period April / December 2020.
5. Each competitor must present 5 arie of Sacred Music: three freely chosen from the repertoire of Sacred Music (Masses, Oratories, Stabat, Requiem, Traditional Songs etc.) and two arie taken from Haydn's Oratorio The Creation in the English text version. Execution of the pieces from memory is not obligatory except in the Final-Gala Concert.6 The competitors who certify that they have won a Main Prize in a Lyric International Competition in any Country including Italy will be directly admitted to the Semi-final. However, they must still present a programme of 5 arias like all other participants.
7. The competitors will be called to the stage in alphabetical order (using the beginning of the first surname as it appears on passports or identity cards in case of multiple surnames) for the Qualifying round, in inverse alphabetical order (from Z to A) in Semi-finals and agreed by the Jury for the Final - Gala Concert. Competitors must show proof of identity before the first performance and leave two copies of each piece presented for possible Jury consultations.